FNEHIN is national network that links First Nations and environmental health researchers to build capacity within First Nations communities to participate in environmental health research and to make use of data and knowledge regarding environmental health issues and concerns for decision making that will lead to health improvements. FNEHIN seeks to play a central role in knowledge transfer, facilitating research partnerships, and showcasing best practices in environmental health research with First Nations.
Funding is provided by Health Canada’s First Nations & Inuit Health Branch, Environmental Health Research Division. The information and opinions expressed on this website are those of the authors/researchers and do not necessarily reflect the official views of Health Canada.
The secretariat is based at the Assembly of First Nations, Environmental Stewardship Unit
Original Organisational partners to FNEHIN:
- The First Nation Centre of National Aboriginal Health Organization
- The Canadian Water Network
- The Environmental Research Division of the First Nations and Inuit Health Branch of Health Canada
- BC Leadership Chair in Aboriginal Environmental Chair
- Public Health Agency Canada – Foodborne, Waterborne & Zoonotic Infections Division
- The National Collaborating Centre for Aboriginal Health
- The National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health
- Assembly of First Nations
The opinions, views and statements expressed in articles and documents on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily state or reflect the views of the Assembly of First Nations and the National Indian Brotherhood. Publication and posting of materials on this website should not be considered an endorsement.
All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The Assembly of First Nations and National Indian Brotherhood makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The Assembly of First Nations will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information, nor any statements made by the authors of the information. The Assembly of First Nations and National Indian Brotherhood will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
By using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full.